Sunday 28 April 2013

day three: laundry & kisses

The prompt: domestic life, cleaning things, folding laundry, watching movies. – Johanna


“Evania’s down.”

“’Kay,” I say. “Aiden’s almost done with his bottle.”

Damian falls onto the couch next to me with a huge sigh. “I never knew kids would be so exhausting.”

I shoot him a look. “You obviously didn’t work in your church’s nursery for three years.” I wince. “Some days it was painful.”

“No. I did not.” He smiles. “And thankfully my Celtic Thunder life was kind enough not to involve kids on the bus.”

“Thank goodness.” I roll my eyes. “Can you imagine?”

“A tour bus, a homicidal maniac, and kids! Sounds great!” Damian says, sticking two thumbs up. His tone is dripping with immense sarcasm.

“Not,” I add. I pull the bottle out of Aiden’s mouth; it’s drained dry. “Okay. He’s done.”

“Want me to lay him down?”

“I can do it.” I stand up. “And then we have a pile of laundry to do.”

“Oh, joy.”

I walk past Damian and away from the couch. He pinches my waist and I squeal. “I hate you,” I say.

“The feeling’s mutual.”

I lay Aiden down, then go out into the living room and drag over the laundry basket.

“Kiss me,” Damian says.

“No,” I say.

“Please?”

“We have underwear to fold.”

“That’s so romantic.”

“I know.” I pick up a pair of socks, but I can’t help it—I kiss him anyway.

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable. It put a smile on my face that's not going to leave for a long time. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 days of fluff? Ummmm whats it about....?

    ReplyDelete