Tuesday 23 April 2013

day one: kittens & rainbows

day one
the prompt: Kittens, rainbows, kittens riding rainbows while two of your characters ride away in the sunset. thanks, Isabel!

“What the heck,” Damian says.

I just sit there with my hand on the mouse, my jaw open.

“What is this,” I say.

“I think whoever made this was high.”

“I am going to have this in my head for the next two years,” I say, covering my mouth with my hand.

Across the screen, a digitalized cat on a rainbow floats across the screen, and the high-pitched music that’s coming out of its mouth makes my ears sting.

“Nyan Cat,” Damian whispers.

Keith, who has been watching with his mouth open for the past few moments, has the expression of a five-year-old who’s just gotten ice cream. “This. Is. Brilliance.”

“Click on the ten minute version! No, no, no, the 24-hour version!” Damian urges.

Keith’s eyes widen, again like a kid with ice cream. “There’s a 24 hour version?”

“Yeah. Click on it!” Damian says again.

“No,” I say.

“Yes. Do it. Please.”

That’s when he brings out the puppy dog eyes. Ugh.

“Pleeeease?”

“Lord help me,” I mutter as I click on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment